Join the Calvary Family!
Church membership is not your entrance into heaven– only the “New Birth” brings us into that relationship. Church membership is not an “exclusive club” causing us to look differently upon those who have not chosen membership. Our first concern is that you first be a member of HIS CHURCH- BORN AGAIN! Then, we want to receive you into the FELLOWSHIP and SERVICE of Calvary Assembly, where we labor together to build God’s Kingdom.
Church membership is very important. Membership in the church gives the individual the high privilege of electing its pastor and officials, setting major church policies and making major financial decisions. It is imperative that members be in agreement with the church’s doctrine and practice, conduct their lives in the spirit of true biblical Christian living, willingly labor in love with all of God’s people, and follow godly leadership.
FAITHFULLY ATTEND ITS SERVICES
SUPPORT THE CHURCH AND LEADERSHIP IN PRAYER
SERVE IN THE CHURCH AND ITS OUTREACH
SUPPORT WITH TITHES (GIVING A TENTH OF THEIR INCOME) AND OFFERING
LIVE A CONSISTENT CHRISTIAN LIFE
SHARE THEIR CHRISTIAN TESTIMONY
- Evidence of a genuine experience in regeneration (the New Birth). John 1:12,13; John 3:3-8; 1 Peter 1:18-25
- Having been baptized in water by immersion.
- Evidence of a consistent Christian life. Romans 6:14; Romans 13:13-14; Ephesians 4:17-32; Ephesians 5:1,2,15; 1 John 1:6,7
- To fully subscribe to the Tenants of Faith as set forth in the constitutional rules of order adopted by the Assembly.
- Willingness to contribute regularly to the support of the Assembly by tithes and offerings, as set forth in the scriptures. Gen. 14:20; Mal. 3:10; 1 Cor. 16:1,2; 11 Cor. 9:6,7.
- Having reached at least 18 years of age.
- Agreement to being governed by the bylaws of this Assembly, and of the Illinois District Council of the Assemblies of God, as both may be amended from time to time.
- Shall have attended the Assembly regularly for at least six (6) months (with the exception of transfer of membership from another Assemblies of God church, in which six (6) months requirement may be waived).
- Must attend Membership Classes.